Monday, January 24, 2005

more on Neulasta

Any doctor can order Neulasta and anyone trained to give subcutaneous injections can give it. It comes in a prefilled syringe. Everyone gets this same, standard dose. I'm doing this on my own, not as part of a study. I wouldn't expect to find anything on the web about treating ALS with Neulasta. The medical community would consider any results I have "anecdotal," but anecdotal results could lead to a formal trial. Filgrastem (Neupogen) is given as one injection each day for ten days. Pegfilgrastem (Neulasta) is a "peggelated" form of the same drug. As I understand it, that means that a time release molecule is attached to each molecule of med so only one injection is needed and the med is released over the next ten days. Yesterday (Sunday) the bone aches moved beyond my pelvis to my legs, arms, and shoulderblades. That means the Neulasta is doing what it should in my marrow.

1 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any new update ready ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home