Saturday, January 22, 2005

first side effects

The most common side effects of Neulasta are bone aches, flu like symptoms, and nausea/vomiting. At 24 hours after the injection I had only a slight headache. At +30 hours I noticed aches in my pelvis, which I expected because the pelvis is one of the biggest repositories of marrow. I've read that bone aches are common because the drug makes the marrow work harder. I noticed that when I got stressed my pelvis started throbbing and the throbbing aches went up my spine. Just a thought, maybe stem cells from marrow in the vertebrae would move directly into the spinal fluid. Friday morning Tylenol didn't help the ache so I had half a Percocet, which helped some. Saturday morning I started with a whole Percocet which made the ache almost unnoticeable. I want to try to get by on Tylenol because Percocet is a narcotic, so tomorrow it's back to Tylenol. It will probably be at least a couple of weeks before there is any increase in strength, maybe several weeks.

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for you, Susan, Dan, and David. I'm excited about the possibility of an increase in strength for you and potentially for others, too. It is difficult for me to express how I feel about you and Susan, the strong relationship you have together and the great job you've done in raising Dan and David. God's presence and impact on your life shines through everything you do.

Love you,
Vicki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home